Master of Arts in Teaching
- Highly qualified in middle school language arts
- I differentiate instruction using oral, written, kinesthetic and visual approaches to engage all of my students in their learning.
- My attitude is flexible in order to monitor and adjust to the variety of circumstances and influences each day.
- Technology offers us many opportunities to reach all learners. I utilize both assistive technology for those who need it and all technology available to help students.
- Education requires teamwork and I collaborate with adults and students to find what works best in individual situations.
- I am a very positive person and welcome new opportunities. I am open to change and new ideas and truly believe that every child can and will learn.
- Marylhurst University, BS (business real estate)
- Willamette University, MAT
Teacher Research Topic
What is my pedagogical nature?
- Alder Creek Middle School, Milwaukie, Ore., language arts and SPED
- Rivergrove Elementary School, Lake Oswego, Ore., gr. 1-2 SPED
Other Classroom Experience
- Substitute special educational assistant, K-12, Lake Oswego School District (2008-2011)
- Parent volunteer
Student Teaching Supervisors
- Cheryl Gray, (SPED) Alder Creek Middle School, Milwaukie, Ore.
- Carrie Blythe, (language arts) Alder Creek Middle School, Milwaukie, Ore.
- Carolyn Russel, Rivergrove Elementary School, Lake Oswego, Ore.