Master of Arts in Teaching
- Connecting with students one on one
- Good speaker - comfortable in front of students
- I am good with managing the classroom while allowing students to be interactive.
- I love having discussions with students, getting to know them while they can get to know who I am.
- I am great at getting on the same level as my students, which creates a positive learning environment.
- Western Oregon University, BS (social science, minor in history)
- Willamette University, MAT
Teacher Research Topic
Incorporating speech into the classroom environment.
- Houck Middle School, Salem, Ore.
- West Salem High School, Salem, Ore.
- High school baseball coach (three years)
- Head JV coach for two of those years
- Assistant varsity coach in wrestling
- Worked in a group home for developmentally disabled adults
Student Teaching Supervisor
- Nick Clawson, Houck Middle School, Salem, Ore.
- Scott Whipple, West Salem High School, Salem, Ore.
- Steve Rhine, EdD, email@example.com