Master of Arts in Teaching
- Classroom management through positive reinforcement
- ELD implementation through use of GLAD strategies and sheltered instruction
- Reading Instruction through mini lessons and guided reading strategies
- Differentiation of instruction based on learning styles and needs
- Willamette University, BA (sociology; minor in history)
- Willamette University, MAT
Teacher Research Topic
What are some of the most effective writing strategies that can be implemented in ELL instruction? How can the writer’s notebook be implemented into this instruction in a meaningful way? How can writer’s workshop be an effective tool for ELL instruction? What are some other strategies that can support these processes?
- Lamb Elementary School, gr. 4
- Pringle Elementary School, gr. 1
- Senior Internship McKinley Elementary, gr. 1
- Site director for elementary summer camp, Mukilteo Boys and Girls Club
- Volleyball coach, Mukilteo Boys and Girls Club
Student Teaching Supervisors
- Kristi Auvinen, Lamb Elementary School, Salem, Ore.
- Megan Cooper, Lamb Elementary School, Salem, Ore., firstname.lastname@example.org
- Mindy Hagerman, Pringle Elementary School, Salem, Ore.
- Linda Lesh, email@example.com