Master of Arts in Teaching
- Content knowledge
- Differentiated lesson planning
- Cultural competence
- Working with ESOL students
- Relationship building
- Proficiency based grading
- Willamette University, BA (biology)
- Willamette University, MAT
Teacher Research Topic
I am researching the ways in which students view their teachers, what causes them to develop those views, and how those views may be changed or modified by the teacher.
- Gladstone High School, Gladstone, Ore.
- W.I. Kraxberger Middle School, Gladstone Ore.
- Tutor for Willamette University’s TIUA program: tutoring Japanese exchange students in English classes
- English teacher: Japan, grades 1-9 (2 years)
Student Teaching Supervisor
- Jill Merola, Gladstone High School, Gladstone, Ore.
- Celeste Kimbrough, W.I. Kraxberger Middle School, Gladstone, Ore.
- Rebecca Steinke, firstname.lastname@example.org