Rebecca (Becky) Aylor
Master of Arts in Teaching
- As a psychology major, I understand that each day my students will be different than they were the day before.
- I recognize there are so many factors involved in the art of teaching and even more involved in learning. It is important for me to learn as much as I possibly can about each student, every day, so I can meet their needs.
- I understand that learning preferences vary and I embrace those challenges.
- I value people. It is really that simple for me, regardless of where they came from, what they look like or where others think they are headed.
- Teaching students to love to learn and giving them the tools to succeed in all areas for the rest of their lives is my passion.
- Southern California College, BA 1991 (psychology)
- London Montessori Institute, Certified Director 1998
- Willamette University, MAT
Teacher Research Topic
I plan on researching about areas where kinesthetic learners are more involved in traditional reading classrooms. My goal is to find non-traditional ways to engage students who may have been labeled “non readers” and who typically are not interested in outside reading, while continuing to challenge readers who may feel they have already “arrived.”
- Sisters Middle School, Sisters, Oregon, language arts
- Tumalo Community School, Tumalo, Oregon, 4th and 5th grades
Other Classroom / Youth Experience
- Teacher, social skills for adjudicated youth inmates, Oregon Youth Authority, Bend, Oregon
- Instructor, teaching kids to save, American Banker Association, Sisters, Oregon
- Instructor, photobooking, interim week at Sisters Middle School, Sisters, Oregon; Instructor, cake decorating, interim week at Sisters Christian Academy, Sisters, Oregon
- Basketball coach, Capistrano Valley Christian School, Dana Point, California
- Staff member, Young Teen Summer Adventure, Newport Beach/Costa Mesa, California
- Counselor, Sonshine day camp, Newport Beach/Costa Mesa, California
- Administrator, Lake Forest Montessori School, Lake Forest, California
Student Teaching Supervisor
- Midge Rose, Sisters Middle School, Sisters, Oregon
- Andy Ausfhul, Tumalo Community School, Tumalo, Oregon