Master of Arts in Teaching
- A passion for teaching
- I am excited to be completing my Master’s of Art in Teaching from Willamette this June. I am currently working on the Early Childhood and Elementary authorization levels at Willamette. In addition to completing the MAT, I am also working towards a Reading Endorsement and hope to have that completed by this summer as well.
- I am excited to welcome students into my classroom and provide them with a safe, stable, and fun learning environment. I believe in active learning and providing material in a variety of ways to give each student an equal opportunity to learn the material. I am thoroughly enjoying my student teaching experience and cannot wait to have a classroom of my own.
- Oregon State University, BS (human development and family sciences)
- Willamette University, MAT
- full time student-teaching in a 1st and 2nd grade blend classroom, as well as working on a reading practicum with grades K-6.
- I have completed a practicum experience in a 3rd grade classroom where I completed a 10 day teaching Work Sample (link provided above).
- Before coming to Willamette, I completed a Bachelor’s Degree at Oregon State University in Human Development and Family Sciences.
- I have worked in various jobs working with children including at daycares, summer camps, and volunteering in school.
- My most significant professional experience up to this point was my time at DHS Child Welfare as a Child Protective Services worker. This work was both challenging and rewarding. I believe this work gave me great experience in the diversity of the Marion County community and helped shape my philosophy of education.
Student Teaching Supervisor
- Linda Tamura, EdD, Willamette University, firstname.lastname@example.org