Mark Jeffrey Waters
Master of Arts in Teaching
- I believe in the individuality of students and embrace diversity within the classroom. By focusing on differentiated instruction we can help each and every student achieve maximum “greatness” to his/her potential.
- Portland State University, BA 2011 (major in English/minor in writing)
- Willamette University, MAT
Teacher Research Topic
I am researching methods of including elements of “classic” literature within the elementary curriculum. My goal is to make literature fun. My primary focus is on comprehension of literary plays during the renaissance period and making the texts more manageable for younger students.
- Central Linn Elementary School, Brownsville, Oregon, 5th grade
- Schirle Elementary School, Salem, Oregon, 1st grade, math unit
Other Classroom / Youth Experience
- Title 1/SPED educational assistant, Salish Ponds Elementary School, Reynolds School District, teaching reading grades K-5, September 2007-present (I am currently on a one year leave of absence for educational pursuits)
- Four Corners School, Salem, Oregon, special needs students and behavioral issues (one year)
- After school teaching assistant, September 2005-June 2007, Metropolitan Family Services, organized and taught afterschool activities, grades K-5
Student Teaching Supervisor
- Lori Epperson, Central Linn Elementary School, Halsey, Oregon
- Molly Reiss, Schirle Elementary School, Salem, Oregon