Master of Arts in Teaching
- I am 100% committed to the learner. It doesn’t matter if my student is a third grader or a college graduate flying a jet. In every case, my dedication to the student and their learning is total.
- My teaching portfolio stretches from third grade math to in-flight instruction on how to land a 20-ton jet aboard an aircraft carrier at sea…in bad weather…at night!
- As a retired military officer (and now a school teacher) I understand the meaning of commitment to people and a focused, shared purpose across an organization. I know what personal and professional dedication really means. I bring a level of patience, composure, maturity, and “situational awareness” rarely found in a new teacher. I know how to handle challenges and how to behave in unscripted situations.
- I have a positive, “can-do” attitude that encourages students who may be having difficulties. My ability to communicate helps students understand difficult assignments and allows me to connect with them. It also facilitates quick and accurate analysis of a student’s work and the ability to provide meaningful and supportive feedback on an assignment.
- United States Naval War College, MA, 1994 (National Security and Strategic Studies)
- Providence College, BA, 1983 (Humanities)
- Brooks Elementary School, Brooks, Oregon, 3rd and 4th, All subjects
- Whiteaker Middle School, Keizer, Oregon, 7th and 8th, History and Social Studies
Student Teaching Supervisors
- Jayme Poissant and Dawn Zielinski, Brooks Elementary School, Brooks, Oregon
- Matt Faatz, Whiteaker Middle School, Keizer, Oregon