Master of Arts in Teaching
- Zane Bloom was born to be a teacher. She is creative in and out of the classroom. Ms. Bloom likes to use her guitar, keyboard and love of music, movement and singing in her teaching. Often, she will use a content-based song to begin a lesson in order to hook the students and utilize rhythmic repetition to help them memorize main concepts. Additionally, Ms. Bloom dabbles in music, visual art, photography, and writing at home, all of which she enjoys bringing into the classroom to help connect students to content.
- Ms. Bloom is an enthusiastic and engaging learning facilitator. She recognizes the value in inspiring the love of learning in students and accomplishes this through her own love of learning that is evident in her teaching style and student rapport.
- In addition to her ability to connect with the students, Ms. Bloom has acquired strong classroom management skills. She is fun and engaging as a teacher, but balances the classroom with clear expectations, consistency, and follow through. Students feel secure when they know what is expected of them and when they know what to expect from those around them (including their environment). Ms. Bloom also helps provide students with a sense of security by keeping a well organized and predictable classroom.
- Ms. Bloom is a natural teacher because all of her character strengths compliment the position. Subsequently, she is passionate about education and believes it is one of the most important and nobel careers one could undertake. Teaching is not easy, but it is one of the most rewarding careers in existence.
- Willamette University, MAT, 2013 (Early Childhood/Elementary)
- Oregon State University, English Literature, 2006
- Faye Wright Elementary School, Salem, Oregon, 2nd Grade, Multiple Subjects
- Cesar Chavez Elementary School, Salem, Oregon, 3rd Grade, Multiple Subjects
- Nanny, Terry Skjersaa, Bend, OR, child care, transportation, outdoor recreation, directed children's play, tutoring, etc.
- On-Call Sitter, Bend Snappy Sitters, Bend, OR, child care
- Pre-School Teacher, Little Beavers Pre-School, Corvallis, OR, child care, created own curriculum, supervised play, taught lessons, managed/cleaned classroom
Student Teaching Supervisor
- Linda Tamura, Faye Wright Elementary School, Salem, OR
- Sarah Taylor, Cesar Chavez Elementary School, Salem, OR
- Linda Tamura, EdD, Willamette University, firstname.lastname@example.org