Master of Arts in Teaching
- I come from a migrant family who value education and hard work.
- I am a native Spanish speaker.
- I feel that students learn most effectively by doing things that they are interested in. If students are taking part in their learning that captures their attention, they are more likely to stay engaged and retain the information.
- Linn-Benton Community College (Dual Enrollment with OSU)
- Oregon State University, Bachelors of Science in Psychology, 2011
- Willamette University, Masters of Arts in Teaching, 2013 (Special Education Endorsement)
- Weddle Elementary, Keizer, Oregon, 1st Grade, Multiple Subjects
- Brooks Elementary, Brooks, Oregon, 3rd & 5th Grade, Multiple Subjects
- Weddle Elementary, Keizer, Oregon , 1st through 5th grade, Learning Resource Classroom
- Parrish Middle School, Salem, Oregon, 6th through 8th Grade, Life Skills Classroom
- Therapeutic Instructional Assistant, Willamette Education Service District, Salem, Oregon, I helped manage a classroom of 12 elementary students. My number one priority was to keep all students safe. I did a variety of different things from running small literacy groups, helping students with math, read aloud, grading and helping students work on social skills.
Student Teaching Supervisor
- Beth Ritchey, Weddle Elementary, Keizer, Oregon
- Chris Ice, Brooks Elementary, Brooks, Oregon
- Jayme Poissant, Brooks Elementary, Brooks, Oregon
- Julie Bryant, Weddle Elementary, Keizer, Oregon
- Autumn Greenwood, Parrish Middle School, Salem, Oregon
- Linda Tamura, EdD, Willamette University, email@example.com