Leanna Kiksuyapi Dawn McClure
Master of Arts in Teaching
- Differentiation, modifications, and accommodations. Meeting students' diverse academic, emotional, and physical needs. Background in Special Education, interventions, and in-class support. Continually seeking support from specialists and instructional aids in order to ensure my students receive services.
- Culturally relevant curriculum development and lesson implementation. Linking students' life experiences to classroom materials with both real-life application and rigorous academics. Student empowerment is integral to how I create my units.
- Utilization of AVID tutoring strategies and methodology. Individualized and small group instruction. Use of tutorials, socratic seminars, and student-lead teaching. Developing confidence, learning how to instruct peers, and finding one's voice are essential components of my teaching philosophy.
- Emphasis on community building, student accountability, and student leadership. Extensive background experience working in residential, academic, athletic, artistic, and leadership programs with students. Such practice of application provides me with the ability to bring out and further push students to reach their full potential with a use of strong, meaningful relationships with youth, both in and outside of the classroom.
- Master of Arts in Education (Language Arts and Basic Mathematics, Special Education Endorsement)
- Bachelor of Arts (Major in American Ethnic Studies with honors, Minor in Anthropology)
- Chemawa Indian School, Salem, OR, 9-12, Language Arts and Special Education
- Stephens Middle School, Salem, OR, 6-8, Math
- Stayton Elementary School, Stayton, OR, 1-3, Special Education: Life Skills and Resource Room
- AVID Tutor, Salem Keizer Public Schools, Salem, OR, McKay High School and Whiteaker Middle School tutor
- Math Tutor, Club Z! Tutoring, Salem, OR, NCLB Middle and High School Math Tutor
- AVID Intern, Chemawa Indian School, Salem, OR, Intern and tutor for sophomore AVID class
- Bilingual Literacy and Math Support, Salem Keizer Public Schools, Salem, OR, Fruitland Head Start Teacher's Assistant
Student Teaching Supervisor
- Leah Davis, Chemawa Indian School, Salem, OR
- Chemawa Indian School, Tom Krise, Salem, OR
- Kathy Kaczynski, Stayton Elementary School, Stayton, OR
- Stephanie Hentze, Stephens Middle School, Salem, OR
- Steve Rhine, EdD, Willamette University, firstname.lastname@example.org