Master of Arts in Teaching
- Classroom community – I am passionate about creating a community type environment within our classroom where students feel comfortable taking risks and making mistakes as they grow and learn.
- Collaboration – I understand the importance of creating collaborative relationships with students, staff, and parents.
- Effective classroom management skills – I set the foundation with clear, consistent expectations. Students are included in the generation of classroom expectations. I use various strategies to ensure student engagement, quick transitions, and effective daily procedures.
- Meaningful instruction – I differentiate instruction for my students. I provide meaningful strategies which are relevant and helpful for each student to grow in knowledge and understanding.
- Chemeketa Community College, AA (Associated Degree 1995)
- Western Baptist College, BS (Sports and Fitness Management 1997)
- Willamette University, MAT/ESOL (ECE/ELE 2013)
- Stayton Elementary School, Stayton, Oregon, Kindergarten, Multiple Subjects
- Kalapuya Elementary School, West Salem, Oregon, 3rd/4th grade blend, Multiple Subjects
- Stayton Elementary School, Stayton, Oregon, Kindergarten, ESOL
- Kindergarten Teacher Assistant, Lollipop Tree School, Keizer, Oregon, Assisted Head Teacher in classroom management and student instruction, developed summer curriculum
- Preschool and Kindergarten Supervisor, Keizer Happy Days School/Daycare, Keizer Happy Days, Assisted and supervised students
- Fitness Manager and Fitness Trainer, Olympic Athletic Club, Seattle, Washington, Organized and planned youth summer camp
- Member Assistant and Fitness Trainer, Courthouse Athletic Club, West Salem, Oregon, Director of youth basketball camp
Student Teaching Supervisor
- Shealon Cooper, Stayton Elementary School, Stayton, Oregon
- Shallyn Dunbar, Kalapuya Elementary School, West Salem, Oregon
- Shealon Cooper (ESOL), Stayton Elementary School, Stayton, Oregon
- Sue Smith-Peters, Willamette University, email@example.com