Master of Arts in Teaching
- In the world of physical education the challenge is to reach all students. Some students are naturally physically active and others are not. I feel that it is important to understand how to put a curriculum together that reaches all students.
- I am confident in my abilities to help students that are physically challenged and find a way for them to feel comfortable in my P.E. classes.
- Linfield College, BS 2003 (physical education)
- Willamette University, MAT 2012 (K-12 PE)
Teacher Research Topic
I am in the process of collecting data on the effectiveness of using literacy in Physical Education. I understand that there is a lot of pressure on students today to pass the OAKS tests. I feel that I can give some help in my P.E. class to help the students get the literacy components while not jeopardizing their ability to get exercise.
- South Salem High School, Salem, Oregon
- Swegle Elementary School, Salem, Oregon
Other Classroom / Youth Experience:
- Athletic director, Regis High School, Stayton, ORegon
- PE/Health teacher, Regis High School, Stayton, Oregon
- Instructional assistant, Sprague High School and Lamb Elementary School, Salem, Oregon
- Associate head men's basketball coach, Sprague High School, Salem, Oregon
- Head men's basketball coach, Regis High School, Salem, Oregon, and Santiam High School, Mill City, Oregon
Student Teaching Supervisor
- Rick Lacey, South Salem High School, Salem, Oregon
- Jeremiah Rasca, Swegle Elementary School, Salem, Oregon
- George Dyer, Willamette University, firstname.lastname@example.org