Master of Arts in Teaching
- Variety of background in teaching experience centered on creating strong teacher-student relationships.
- Differentiating instruction in order to challenge and engage all learners.
- Collaboration with other teachers in order to create the best learning environment possible for students.
- Reflective, life-long learner who is always open to change and personal growth.
- University of Nebraska-Lincoln, Bachelors of Arts in History, 2009 (Minors in Spanish and Anthropology)
- Willamette Graduate School of Education, MAT, 2014 (Social Studies, ESOL Endorsed )
- North Salem High School, Salem, Oregon, 11th, American Government and Economics
- Waldo Middle School, Salem, Oregon, 8th, Social Studies
- ESOL Teacher, Spanish Ministry of Education, Palma de Mallorca, Spain and Malaga, Spain, Planned, led and assisted in teaching a variety of bilingual subjects in the Spanish school system through the Auxiliares de Conversacion Program for two years.
- ESOL Teacher, Swedish School of Mallorca, Palma de Mallorca, Spain, Led English lessons for international students between the ages of five and eighteen; Taught classes focused on writing, grammar, and conversation; Created lesson plans emphasizing awareness of different cultures
- School Age Site Coordinator at Kalapuya Elementary, YMCA of Marion and Polk Counties, Salem, Oregon, Independently managed a school site consisting of 3 staff and more than 30 children; Led, planned and implemented lessons, activities and curriculum for a before and after school program.
- Pre-K Teacher, Creative Minds Learning Center, Portland, Oregon, Led and planned lessons for 10-20 children between the ages of 4 and 5; Planned a curriculum for Pre-K class of 20 students for a Reggio-inspired environment; Led, planned and implemented a Spanish language curriculum
Student Teaching Supervisor
- Tyler Scialo-Lakeberg, North Salem High School, Salem, Oregon
- Ricardo Larios, Waldo Middle School, Salem, Oregon
- Karen Hamlin, PhD, Willamette University, email@example.com