- National Writing Project Great resources for teachers.
- Google Docs Free online wordprocessing, spreadsheets, presentations. All changes and versions are archived. Access your docs from any computer connected to the internet. Publish as a webpage. Share and collaborate on the same document.
- The Differentiator Free online planning tool. Easy and useful.
- Free Rice Free. Learn vocabulary and feed the hungry at the same time. Highly recommended.
- Steve Barkley Ponders Out Loud Steve Barkley helps you become a better teacher. A recent gem: Opening Schools
From the site: "The annual conferences in Long Beach and Oxford bring together the world's most fascinating thinkers and doers, who are challenged to give the talk of their lives (in 18 minutes)." Videos of all talks are available online, for free. Must-sees for teachers:
- Do Schools Kill Creativity - Sir Ken Robinson
- Music and Passion - Benjamin Zander
- Play is More Than Fun, It is Vital - Stuart Brown
- A Call to Reinvent Liberal Arts Education - Liz Coleman
- Creativity and Play - Tim Brown
- How Kids Teach Themselves - Sugata Mitra
- Astronomer Clifford Stoll on Everything - Clifford Stoll