Administrator License Programs
The Graduate School of Education will discontinue offering degree, licensing and endorsement programs at the end of the 2013-14 academic year. We are no longer accepting applications for admission to the CAL or IAL programs. Please contact us for more information.
The Willamette University Graduate School of Education offers two administrator license programs. The Initial Administrator License Program prepares candidates to fully enter the dynamic arena of school administration. Our advanced, or Continuing Administrator License Program can significantly enhance your career in educational administration and also paves the way for the pursuit of a superintendent license.
Continuing Administrator License (CAL) Program
NOTE: We are no longer accepting applications for admission to the CAL program.
- Convenient - The schedule for the Continuing Administrator License/CAL Program varies according to instructor and candidate need. CAL candidates may take up to nine years to complete the program, in alignment with TSPC licensing requirements for the Continuing Administrator License
- Non-cohort Model - The courses of the program may be taken in the order and speed a candidate desires, keeping in mind any license deadlines.
- 2012-14 CAL Schedule
Initial Administrator License (IAL) Program
NOTE: We are no longer accepting applications for admission to the IAL program.
- Compact, Flexible - The program may be completed in two years or less.
- Convenient - The schedule ensures that working educators have both the time and the energy do their job as they complete preparation for administrator licensure.
- Flexible - The IAL may be completed as a part of the Master of Education degree.