Master of Arts in Teaching
MAT Program Overview
The Willamette University Graduate School of Education offers full-time (10-month), extended (18-month) and online extended (18-month) Master of Arts in Teaching (MAT) degree programs for the preparation of pre-school through high school teachers. In most cases, candidates will qualify for two teaching levels upon completion of any program.
- K-8 authorization: early childhood, elementary and middle school
- Secondary authorization: middle and high school
MAT Program Benefits
- Wide range of teaching endorsements (subject areas)
- Year-long field research to advance educational profession
- Full-time, extended and online options
- Practical hands-on experience in a real classroom through student teaching experiences
- Multiple site options for student teaching
Becoming a Teacher
Click here to learn everything you need to know about becoming a teacher in Oregon.