Here we go, class of 2019!
It’s May, and most of you will graduate from high school in the next few weeks. Some of you already have graduated. Someone at your graduation exercises will almost surely mention that you are truly commencing, beginning, setting out, as on a journey. Indeed you are: You’re commencing your college years, and we want that journey to be spectacular!
I want to take this opportunity to share with you some of the points of interest on this journey, and some of your fellow travelers. A Willamette education is highly relational and interactive, and you’ll be traveling this summer with current undergraduates who will help you register, faculty members who will welcome you to College Colloquium, administrators who will guide you through housing and financial aid, your future roommate, Opening Days leaders, coaches—we just can’t wait to meet you!
You should have received an email from me this week with several specific steps to take in May and June in preparation for your arrival on campus next fall. That email includes links taking you to further instructions and information, especially around activities that get you enrolled first in College Colloquium and soon thereafter in your other fall classes.
Oh, the places we’ll go!
Gretchen Flesher Moon
Professor of English
Things To Do: Beginning May 7th
- Look for the Welcome Email from Summer Academic Registration, (503) 370-6573.
Welcome Email First-Year students
Welcome Email Transfer students
- Create your Willamette Network Account (you need your student ID number from the Welcome mailing).
- Review the College Colloquium courses offerings and submit your preferences by May 15, 2015 (first-year students only).
- Complete the Advising & Course Preferences Questionnaire by June 1, 2015 (first-year students only).
- Review the Transfer Student Advising Manual (transfer students only).
- Complete foreign language placement exams by June 5, 2015 at the latest.
- Read and review the Math placement information.
Parents and Families
We’re excited that your family is joining the Willamette community in the fall. We hope this FAQ Page helps you prepare for the coming months.
Make sure you familiarize yourself about FERPA: Student Records FAQ
If you can’t find an answer to your question, please don’t hesitate to contact us.
- Phone: 1-844-BEARCAT (1-844-232-7228)
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org