On behalf of the faculty of the College of Liberal Arts, I want to congratulate you on becoming a member of Willamette University’s Class of 2018. You are joining an exciting group of outstanding students and we’re excited to begin our four-year journey with you. You will meet your first class, the College Colloquium, on August 21st, during Opening Days.
You have several assignments to complete in the next few weeks.
First, you must set up your Willamette network and email account. Most communications you receive from Willamette this summer will come through your Willamette email. If you will not have internet access for extended periods during the summer, please contact Advising and Registration at (503) 370-6573 to provide alternate contact information—soon.
- Go to https://secure.willamette.edu/newuser
- Enter your Student ID number and follow the instructions.
Second, please prepare to register for fall classes:
- All incoming first year students take a College Colloquium class. Visit the College Colloquium website for information on courses and registration. Submit your Colloquium preferences online by May 16th. Your assignment will be emailed to your Willamette account by 7 p.m. on May 30th.
- Fill out the online Advising and Course Registration Questionnaire by June 2nd. This questionnaire will provide us with information that will help us register you for classes.
- Beginning June 5th, we will contact you to schedule an advising and registration phone appointment between June 9th and early July.
Third, visit the Enrolling Students website before your appointment.
- Start exploring options for your courses other than College Colloquium at the First Year Advising webpage. You will find advising information on the curriculum and a description of summer registration.
- If you plan to continue the study of a foreign language, you must take a placement test before you will be allowed to register for a language. Take the test as soon as possible, but no later than June 6th.
- You should also read the advice about placement in Mathematics by June 6th.
Check the Enrolling Students website throughout the summer for additional information. We will add information about registration, housing, JumpStart, and Opening Days.
Please contact us if you have questions by email firstname.lastname@example.org or phone (503) 370-6573.
Best wishes for the rest of your senior year and for planning your studies at Willamette University.
Gretchen Flesher Moon, PhD
Associate Dean of the College
Professor of English
Your first assignment:
- Set up your Willamette Network & Email Account
Your second assignment:
Your third assignment: