The following documents were introduced as materials for our meeting on 4/23/12:
- Article - David Frohnmayer, Election of State Appellate Judges: the Demise of Democratic Premises, 39 Willamette Law Review 1251 (Fall 2003).
- Article - Paul De Muniz, Politicizing State Judicial Elections: A Threat to Judicial Independence, 38 Willamette Law Review 367 (Summer 2002).
- Article - Paul De Muniz, Judicial Selection in Oregon: Money, Politics, and the Initiative Process, 39 Willamette Law Review 1265 (Fall 2003).
- Article - Hans Linde, Selecting Oregon's Judges, 46 Willamette Law Review, 497 (Spring 2010).
- Article - James Huffman, Politics and Judicial Independence: A Proposal for Reform of Judicial Selection in Oregon, 39 Willamette Law Review 1425 (Fall 2003).
- Chart - Jeff Dobbins, Oregon Supreme Court 1848-present (2010).
- Report - The New Politics of Judicial Elections 2009-10 (prepared by Justice at Stake Campaign, The Brennan Center for Justice and the National Institute on Money in Politics)
- Report - Excerpt from Without Fear or Favor in 2011 (prepared by DRI, Steven M. Puiszis, Editor)