- JD, Willamette University College of Law, 1969
- LLM, University College (London), 1978
- Diploma in Law, University College (Oxford), 1984
- MA, University of Durham, 1998
- MA, Portland State University, 1973
- BA, St. John's University, 1966
Edward Sullivan specialized in land use law for more than 45 years and is now retired from practice. Before going into private practice, he served as assistant county counsel and county counsel for Washington County, Oregon, and as legal counsel to the governor of Oregon. Over the course of Sullivan's career, he has taught and mentored countless law and land use planning students, as well as published a body of work that aims to explain land use law in Oregon and beyond.
- Law 222: Land Use Planning