After you have...
- determined your carrel preferences and
- confirmed them with your law student carrel partner (1L and 2L only)
Go to the email Lottery Form.
(Note: Be sure your partner agrees. The computer only allows each name to be submitted ONE TIME.)
(Strongly Suggested: 2L's - wait until 3L drawing is complete and then check availability chart before submitting lottery form; 1L's - wait until 2L drawing is complete.)
- Application: Beginning Friday, August 17th, 2018, students may start requesting carrels. 3Ls should leave the partner option blank. 1Ls and 2Ls must designate a partner and their first 4 carrel preferences. An email will be sent to the partner (if there is one) for approval, then an email goes to the Lottery Administrator for the appropriate drawing. A 1L or 2L not specifying a partner will be put into Friday's drawing where they may be assigned a partner. Students applying for a carrel after their class lottery is over will be drawn along with the current drawing. 3Ls applying late still do not need a partner.
- Accommodating Disabilities: Special requests will be addressed for specific disabilities requiring accommodation on a case-by-case basis. Submit requests to the Library Director by 5:00 p.m. Monday, August 20, 2018.
- Completed lottery forms will be emailed to the lottery administrator. (Note: If a 2L chooses to share with a 1L, both names go in the 2L drawing.)
- Lottery forms will be drawn according to the schedule below. If none of the indicated choices are available, a carrel will be assigned as close as possible to the choices.
- 3L lottery drawing begins Tuesday, August 21, 2018 at 8:00 a.m. and will continue until 1:00 p.m. Pick up carrel permits at the Reference desk between 1:00 and 4:00 p.m.
- 2L lottery drawing begins Wednesday, August 22, 2018 at 8:00 a.m. and will continue until 1:00 p.m. Pick up carrel permits at the Reference desk between 1:00 and 4:00 p.m.
- 1L lottery drawing begins Thursday, August 23, 2018 at 8:00 a.m. and will continue until 1:00 p.m. Pick up carrel permits at the Reference desk between 1:00 and 4:00 p.m.
- On Friday, August 24, 2018 any remaining 1L and 2L lottery requestors with no partners specified will be assigned a carrel and partner (if necessary). Carrels will be selected from those left unassigned. Pick up any remaining carrel permits at the Reference desk between 1:00 and 4:00pm. Afterward any remaining unclaimed permits will be waiting at Circulation.
- No carrels will be randomly assigned without a request form.
- Carrel availability will be posted on this website as the lottery drawings progress. Check before choosing.
- Carrel permits can be picked up at the Reference Desk between 1:00 and 4:00 p.m. the day of your drawing and must be posted on the assigned carrel.
- 2L students - Wait to put your name in the drawing until after 4:00 on Tuesday, August 21. Then check the lottery availability page to make sure the carrel you want is still available. That way you don't waste your selection.
- 1L students - Do decide to apply for a carrel - you may think you don't need one, but you will want one eventually....somewhere to spread out your books, use your laptop, etc. It is highly suggested you wait until after 4:00 p.m. on Wednesday, August 22 to complete your lottery form and check the availability page first. That way you don't waste your selection on a spot already taken.
- Feel free to see Elaine in Room 249 with any questions. email@example.com