The reason is two-fold:
- You start at a higher salary than those who don’t have an MBA in the early portion of their career.
- The MBA degree provides for more opportunity to advance your career at a higher velocity than your colleagues without their MBA.
That’s precisely why we designed our full-time Early Career and Career Change MBA program to launch young professionals into their career armed with an MBA, as well as those looking to recalibrate their career towards new goals.
How long does it take to get an MBA?
Our Early Career and Career Change MBA program takes place over just 21 months. If you’re having difficulty deciding if you’re ready, it may be helpful to ask yourself:
- Where will I grow the most in the next 21 months?
- Will I grow more toward my goals by doing what I am currently doing for the next 21 months?
- Will I grow more toward my goals by completing my MBA in the next 21 months?”
Remember: Financially and professionally, the return on investment of an MBA is highest early in your career. If you are interested in strategic career entry or career change, your goals will be best supported by the structure and services of a full-time program, which provides the opportunity to build a new resume of experiences through internships, projects, etc., and is more likely to provide the array of career services that will help you in your job search.
However, that doesn’t mean it’s too late if you’re already a practicing manager
Programs like our MBA for Professionals are tailored for those who seek to complete their MBA while employed full time. While ROI is highest early in your career, obtaining a mid-career MBA can help bring you to new heights in your current organizations.