Willamette's Website Wins Top Award
Willamette University's website swept the awards at the CASE District VIII awards competition winning a Grand Gold - the highest award - for Willamette's home page, a Gold for the College of Law site and a Silver for the Development site. This was the first year Willamette's website was entered in this competition.
Each year, Willamette participates in the CASE District VIII competition, which puts Willamette in the running with small private and large public colleges and universities throughout Oregon, Washington, Idaho, Montana, Alaska and the western half of Canada.
Willamette's Office of Communications also entered pieces in other categories including, design, writing, publications, photography and periodicals. Willamette received the most Gold and Silver awards in recent memory - five Gold and Five Silver. One judge wrote, "As usual, Willamette cleaned up in the publications category winning more awards than any other school. Congratulations on your excellent work."
Because several pieces were entered in more than one category, some received multiple awards. The complete list of awards includes:
- Grand Gold - Willamette's home page
- Gold - College of Law website
- Gold - Annual Giving 2003 Calendar (photography)
- Gold - University Relations Case Statement (overall publication)
- Gold - CLA Admission Oxygen Theory brochure (overall publication)
- Gold - CLA Admission Department brochures (design)
- Silver - The Scene (all three issues)
- Silver - Development website
- Silver - Annual Giving 2003 Calendar (overall publication)
- Silver - CLA Admission Five Minutes brochure (overall publication)
- Silver - University Relations Case Statement (writing)
- Bronze - CLA Admission Department brochures (overall publication)