Your Officers for KCPC 2011
Co-Chairs: Kelley Van Hook, Katherine Lum
Fun Chair: Joslin Schultz
Treasurers: Adrienne Higashida, Matthew Tom
Website Coordinator: Matthew Tom
Secretary: Christian Liu
ARM Chairs: Sarah Weis, Jaime Wong
Our MeetingsWe meet every Wednesday at 9:00 PM in Kaneko's Rainbow Lounge. Feel free to drop in if you have any ideas or just want to say hi!
Who We Are
Our Mission Statement (Vision):
The following points below make up the mission statement of the Kaneko Partnership Committee.
- To deconstruct the wall between Kaneko and our South East Salem neighborhood.
- To establish long term relationships, partnerships, and ultimately friendships with the South East Salem community.
- To uplift and support already established organizations in our community by contributing to their visions and goals.
- To reflect on all parts of participation with the community to better ourselves as people and as an organization.
- To promote the value that being a Kaneko resident includes being an active community member.
- To enjoy participating with others outside of the Kaneko Commons and have fun fulfilling our active duty as community members.
- To not allow the above vision to be expressed only in community service – but to continue to explore creative ways to partner outside of service alone. (We are not a service committee!)
How it looks in…
- Heighten awareness of the world around us
- Knowing the needs of our outside community and holding up our responsibilities as part of the community
- Welcoming outside community into Kaneko Commons.
- Unifying all three wings of Kaneko Commons.
- Listening is key.
- Communicating with community, building relationships with active community members.
- Trust- being accountable for and following through with our commitments to our community and partners.
- Want to be here, not just because you feel it’s an obligation
- Create a new framework that goes past and beyond service.
- Recruit people from the main campus who want to help.
- Raising awareness of the world around us, seeing that there is more than just our secluded bubble surrounding WU, and break through that bubble