Why Join SHRM?
Professional membership dues in the Society for Human Resource Management (SHRM) are $160 per year. Student membership costs just $35 per year. Here's just some of what you get!
- HRMagazine: Twelve monthly issues of this full-color magazine featuring in-depth articles on human resource management.
- HRNews: Twelve monthly issues of this award-winning newspaper featuring the latest trends and issues in the field, as well as legal updates.
- HR Week : Weekly e-bulletin highlighting critical HR issues.
- Free Bibliographies: Bibliographies generated free of charge for specific HRM topics to cut down your research time. National student members can contact the Society's Information Center toll-free at 1-800-283-SHRM. Identify yourself as a national student member and supply your membership ID number to access the service. Also, browse the growing collection of Information Center White Papers, available on the SHRM web site.
- SHRM® Book Service: Discounted prices on HRM/general management publications. A catalog of publications is published periodically in HR News and is also available online.
Annual Conference: The SHRM Annual Conference & Exposition featuring over 150 educational sessions, a one-day student conference, and attendance of over 10,000 professionals and 250 students. The conference is held in June and national student members can attend at a substantial discount. Information and registration forms are mailed to all national student members each January.
Online Member Directory: Searchable database helps you locate SHRM professional members around the country and the world. Exclusively for SHRM members. If you already belong to the Society, click here to use the directory.
SHRM Online's HR Talk: Exclusively for members of SHRM. Go online to discuss issues affecting the HR profession. If you are already a member, click here to enter HR Talk.
State & Regional Conferences: Student and professional educational conferences held around the country sponsored by local SHRM chapters.
Membership card: An official SHRM membership card including your membership number which allows you to access your membership services.
Scholarships/Awards: Annual awards recognizing outstanding student leaders. Award winners receive $1000-$5000. Scholarships & Awards Website
SHRM Global Forum: For an extra fee, students can join SHRM Global, which has a special focus on the practice of HR overseas and in multinational corporations. We are honored to have Lisbeth Claus, Associate Professor of Global Human Resources here at Atkinson Graduate School of Management. Professor Claus is currently serving as the 2003 President of SHRM Global. You can visit the SHRM Global Forum home page.
Conversion Dues: Graduating members can convert their membership to professional status for only $80 for one year of membership, half off the regular membership fee of $160! Note: A conversion application must be submitted within six months of the expiration of student membership to receive this special rate. For more information about conversion, click here.
Careers: Have questions about careers in Human Resources? Go the SHRM's Career Center for help.