Google Apps for Education
Willamette University will be partnering with Google to deliver integrated email and calendar services and enhanced collaboration services to all University faculty, students and staff.
Popular Support Articles
As the transition moves along here are answers to some of the most common questions so far.
- Thunderbird mail setup
- Android phone setup
- iPhone/iPad setup - Google Sync Method
- How the priority inbox decides what's important.
- Gmail folder fix
Over the summer of 2011 WITS will be conducting the migration to the new system.
Here are important dates about when your account might be moved:
- Monday, July 18: Oracle Calendar users group - email migration begins
- Friday, July 22: Faculty and staff accounts - email migration begins
- Tuesday, July 26: Students, guests, and all other accounts - email migration begins
- Monday, August 1: WUCal replaces Oracle Calendar as the official calendar of record
All accounts are expected to be fully migrated by the time Fall Semester 2011 starts.
What does this mean for me?
- Your email address will not change.
- WITS will migrate your email messages to your new Willamette Google Mail account; messages will be retained in the current email system to provide backup during the transition. The process of calendar migration for Oracle Calendar users will depend on individual users' workflow and WITS will provide multiple migration paths.
- There should be no downtime for you during this process. When your email account is switched to Google Apps for Education, new messages will appear immediately and you can work from the new account. Old messages will still exist in your old mailbox. You may need to use two methods to access email for a short period of time while your old messages are migrated. Accessing your email may be as simple as switching from the Webmail interface to Willamette's Gmail interface. If you use a client such as Thunderbird, Outlook, MacMail, etc., you will need to modify your settings to point to your new account.
- WITS Staff and the Help Desk will be available to assist you with the transition, to help you get up to speed quickly and to demonstrate new features available in the Google suite.
- WITS staff will work individually with Oracle Calendar users to manage the migration of calendar data.
We have created and collected many resources to help you get the most out of using Google Apps for Education here at Willamette University
*NOTE: until your account is migrated (see above schedule) you may not have access to all the features or your old mailbox in the Google Apps for Education.
- About Google Apps - Learn more about Google Apps for Education
- Gmail - Get started with Gmail
- Google Calendar - Get started with Google Calendar
- Google Docs - Notes on the features and benefits of Google Docs
- Mobile Access - Get Google Apps on your phone/tablet/mobile device
- Getting Help - More help resources
- FAQ - Frequently Asked Questions
Training labs & Workshops
What can I do to get ready?Check out the transition FAQ for information about what you can do to get ready.
WITS staff is ready to help make your transition to Google Apps for Education as easy and efficient as possible. If you have questions, you can contact:
WITS Help Desk
Central support for students, staff and faculty.
WITS User Services Consultants
Distributed support for faculty and staff. Contact the USC assigned to your department or office