How to Set Up Webprint on Macintosh OSX 10.6
This document will show you how to configure your Mac OSX 10.6 (Snow Leopard) computer to use Willamette's Web-Printing system.
- Open your System Preferences.
- Click on Print & Fax.
- If necessary, click the gold padlock to make changes. You will need your Mac password.
- Click the + icon to add a new printer.
- The Printer Browser screen will appear. Choose the IP Printer Icon at the top.
- Next to Protocol choose Line Printer Daemon - LPD
- In the Address field type home.willamette.edu
- In the Queue field type webprint.
- In the Name field type Webprint (or leave it as is, at home.willamette.edu)
- From the Print Using box choose Select Printer Software.
- Locate and click on the HP Laserjet 4000 Series printer.
- Click Add at the bottom of the window.
- A new window with Installable Options should appear.
- Put a check in Duplex Unit.
- Click Continue.
- You should now be returned to the Print & Fax window.
- If you wish to use webprint as your default printer you can choose it in the Selected Printer in Print Dialog area.
- Congratulations. your computer should now be set to use webprinting.
If you have any questions or need any assistance, contact the WITS Help Desk (x6767 or firstname.lastname@example.org)