Windows 8 WUPrint setup instructionsWindows 8 - Setting up WUPrint’s Driver Print
Part A: IMPORTANT: You will need a unique URL from WUPrint that it generates when you follow the instructions for Windows 7 however, the rest of the instructions are not correct for Windows 8 so please continue with the steps in Part B after completing this process.
- Go to http://wuprint.willamette.edu
- Log in with your WU username and password
- Click on Driver Print
- Choose Windows
- On the page Configuring Driver Print On Windows 7 Click Continue.
- Scroll down to WUPRINT's step 5 and copy the address that starts with "http//wuprint.willamette.edu:631/ipp/...."
- You must copy or write down this unique address in order for the installation in Part B to work.
- Proceed to Part B of these instructions.
- Now you are ready to begin the printer installation: From your Start screen -the one with all the tiles on it- simply start typing and the search feature will engage: type the word ‘printers’
- A page labeled Apps will appear and say ‘No apps match your search'. Fear not, this is where you want to be.
- On the right-hand side of your screen click Settings. This will show you a list of settings found from your printer search.
- Click on Devices and Printers (DO NOT CLICK ON the Gearwheel looking thing called Add a printer), This will drop you into the Desktop view of of Windows 8
- In the Devices and Printers window click Add a printer.
- When the Add Printer window launches and starts searching, click The printer that I want isn’t listed'.
- On the Find a printer by other options screen choose Select a shared printer by name.
- In the box paste (or type) the unique URL you obtained from Part A of these instructions and click Next.
- When the Add Printer Wizard window appears.
- In the Left pane list of Manufacturers choose KONICA MINOLTA
- In the Right pane choose KONICA MINOLTA PS Color Laser Class Driver
- Click OK.
- You should see a window telling you you have successfully added WUPrint as a printer.
- Click Next to finish the installation.
- Congratulations you can now use WUPrint as normal.