Wireless Network Setup for iOS
Getting Started, what you need.
With default 'out of the box' settings, your iOS device should be ready to connect to any of Willamette's wireless networks. These instructions will help you step by step.
Before connecting to our network be sure you have the following:
- A valid Willamette Network Account.
- A compatible wireless card with 802.llb/g standards (nearly all computers are already compatible).
- Be in a residence hall or academic building where we provide coverage.
- The proper security key for the network you are connecting to.
Connecting to a network
- Click the WiFi/AirPort icon on the Menu bar located in the upper right corner of screen.
- Click on the network name that matches your location (see Choosing an appropriate network page for more information)
- Click [Connect] if prompted.
- If you are connecting to a network that requires a security key you’ll receive a prompt stating
- Enter the security key (provided separately)
- Click [Join]
- Open a web browser (e.g. Apple’s Safari, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome).
- Follow instructions displayed in the browser window to complete the wireless network registration process.