Wireless Network Setup for Windows Vista
Getting Started, what you need.
With default 'out of the box' settings, your Windows Vista computer should be ready to connect to any of Willamette's Wireless Networks. These instructions will help you step by step.
Before connecting to our network be sure you have the following:
- A valid Willamette Network Account.
- A compatible wireless card with 802.llb/g standards (nearly all computers are already compatible).
- Be in a residence hall or academic building where we provide coverage.
Connecting to a network
- With your laptop on and wireless enabled, click on the Wireless Network Connection icon in the lower-left corner of the screen (near the clock).
- You will see a message pop up saying 'wireless networks available'
- Click on connect to a network.
- A new windrow will appear.
- Under Select a network to connect to choose the appropriate Willamette Network and click connect.
- If you see a message warning that is an unsecure network click connect anyway.
- Check the box to Save the network, and check the bock to start automatically.
- click close.
- You should now be able to open up your internet browser and start the registration process on our wireless networks.