Wireless Network Setup for Windows 7
Getting Started, what you need.
With default 'out of the box' settings, your Windows Vista computer should be ready to connect to any of Willamette's Wireless Networks. These instructions will help you step by step.
Before connecting to our network be sure you have the following:
- A valid Willamette Network Account.
- A compatible wireless card with 802.llb/g standards (nearly all computers are already compatible).
- Be in a residence hall or academic building where we provide coverage.
- The proper security key for the network you are connecting to.
Connecting to a network
- Click on the wireless icon in the “Notification” area near the clock.
- Click on the network name that matches your location (see Choosing an appropriate network page for more information)
- Choose [Connect automatically].
- Click [Connect].
- Choose [Connect to this network automatically].
- If you are connecting to a network that requires a security key, you'll be asked to "Type in the network security key".
- Enter the security key (obtained separately)
- Click [Ok]
- Open a web browser (e.g. Mozilla Firefox, Internet Explorer, Google Chrome).
- Follow the instructions displayed in your browser window to complete the wireless network registration process.