Wireless Setup Instructions for Windows XP
With default 'out of the box' settings, your Windows Vista computer should be ready to connect to any of Willamette's Wireless Networks. These instructions will help you step by step.
Before connecting to our network be sure you have the following:
- A valid Willamette Network Account.
- A compatible wireless card with 802.llb/g standards (nearly all computers are already compatible).
- Be in a residence hall or academic building where we provide coverage.
- The proper security key for the network you are connecting to.
- Right-click on the Wireless Network Connection icon and select View Available Networks.
- Click on the network name that matches your location (see Choosing an appropriate network page for more information.
- If you are connecting to a network that requires a security key, you'll be asked to enter the security key
- Enter the security key
- Click [Ok]
- Click [Connect].
If you have any questions or comments concerning these procedures, please contact Willamette Integrated Technology Services. Call us at x6767 (Help Desk) or send questions by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.