Graphic Design & Media Services
PowerPoint poster design tipsPowerPoint is a good tool for designing your poster. WITS Graphic Design will print your poster in a timely fashion with
eco-friendly materials at a reduced cost. It usually takes a few hours to print your poster but it is best to start the printing process a few days before you need your poster.
A few tips about layout and the design of your poster:
- Consider the reader of the poster
- Dark backgrounds with black text are hard to read
- Light backgrounds with light text are hard to read
- Be consistent with your font styling
- Complete the entire poster on a single platform. Switching from PC to Mac or Mac to PC invites disaster
Some useful web sites
- Advice on designing an academic poster, by Colin Purrington
- Poster-making 101, by Brian Pfohl
- NEW Willamette University Graphic Standards, Visual Style Guide, and New WU Logos.
Here are a few guidelines to insure that your poster can be printed in a timely basis:
- Below are a few steps that will help you make a PowerPoint file that prints error free:
- Use standard fonts (Times New Roman, Ariel, Helvetica, and Times)
- To achieve the best possible print quality for Excel Charts, ChemDraw graphics, JPEG's, and TIFFs; it is best to scale all graphics to print size before inserting them into a Power Point Poster.
To print your poster create a Service Request and upload a PDF or PowerPoint File.
Please include the following with your poster submission:
- Contact info (name, email, and phone number)
- Date Desired
- Personal Check made out to WITS
- Cash given as exact change
If you have questions on layout or problems creating a PowerPoint or PDF file, please feel free to contact me.
WITS Graphic Design & Media Services
900 State ST
Salem, OR 97301
503 370 6028