WITS Consulting and Workshops
2014 Fall Workshops - NEW
Introduction to WISE: Learn the basics and get started using WISE for courses and ad hoc groups
- Tues, 8/5, 10-11AM, Smullin 6
- Thurs, 8/14, 1:30-2:30, Ford 202
- Mon, 8/25, 2-3, Smullin 6
- Mon, 8/11, 1-2, Smullin 6
- Fri, 8/22, 10-11, Smullin 6
WISE Assignments Tool: Create, collect and grade assignments electronically. Optional link to Turnitin originality reporting (if you are not familiar with WISE, start with an Introduction to WISE workshop)
- Mon, 8/11, 2-3, Smullin 6
- Fri, 8/22, 11-12, Smullin 6
- Mon, 8/11, 3-4, Smullin 6
- Fri, 8/22, 2:30-3:30, Smullin 6
Live Polling and Audience Response: Use a PowerPoint plugin and WITS hardware or personal mobile devices to ask questions that introduce sensitive topics, identify misconceptions or preconceptions, identify and review areas of difficulty, evaluate mastery of content...
- Mon, 8/18 11-12, Smullin 6
- Mon, 8/18, 1-2, Smullin 6
Capture and Stream Content: Inside the classroom or out, record lectures and supplementary course content anytime, anywhere to stream to your students anytime, anywhere.
- Wed, 8/20, 11-12, Smullin 6
- Wed, 8/20, 1-2, Smullin 6
Documenting Work with Digication: Students create an online archive of course work, reflection and supplementary content to share with as many or as few as they wish.
- Mon 8/18 2-3, Smullin 6
- Thurs, 8/21, 3-4, Smullin 6
Tools for Collaboration:
Introduction to Classroom A/V:
WITS will provide software training and consultation for faculty, staff, and administrative users. Workshops, seminars, or demonstrations can be arranged for groups of up to 12. We can cover most of the application software in general use around campus. Some sessions can be done "hands-on"; others may be limited to demonstration and explanation, depending on the software involved.
You can also schedule time with a WITS User Services Consultant for help with your computer and software.
Contact us for more information on software training:
- WISE (Willamette Instructional Support Environment) workshops are usually scheduled between semesters. Visit the WISE web site for more information.
- Training for "WebEdit" (department web site maintenance) is done through the office of Web Development. They publish a regular schedule of WebEdit workshops.