Multimedia Workroom Assistant/Digital Media Aide
Location: Smullin 38
Cheryl Cramer, Smullin 46, email@example.com
- Assist faculty, students, and staff in the use of computer applications and audio-visual equipment, and perform various technical tasks within the Smullin Multimedia Workroom.
- Assist faculty, students, and staff in the use of video, computer applications and audio-visual equipment.
Consult with users to provide them with information about how various software works and what is possible to meet their needs.
- Organize, check out, and track equipment and materials.
- Create and maintain user documentation pertaining to lab computers and audio-visual systems.
- Perform basic troubleshooting and maintenance on software, computers, printers, audio-visual equipment, etc.
- Perform various other tasks as assigned. Examples of such tasks include: installation of software/hardware, connecting computer hardware and projectors, conducting orientations, cleaning and maintenance of computer and audio-visual equipment.
- Keep the MMWR area clean.
- Interest in, and basic working knowledge of, computers, software applications, and audio-visual equipment. Some experience with any/all of the following would be helpful:
- graphic design
- multimedia design
- digital video editing
- web design
- audio/visual hardware configuration and hookup.
- Ability to learn new computer software applications quickly, and instruct others in their use.
- Ability to communicate well with, and work effectively with all levels of faculty, students and staff.
- Ability to assume responsibility and work without supervision.
Cheryl Cramer, 503-370-6122, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Download an application, or pick one up from the WITS Main Office, Smullin 101.
- All application materials should be returned to the WITS Main Office, Smullin 101.