Profiles in Leadership
- Raising the Bar Award "Two '97 grads share a name, an avocation and, now, an award."
- A Warrior for Conservation "Who gives up a prosperous career to fight environmental degradation? Ralph Bloemers did, and he never looked back."
- Getting in the Game “I want to live an inspired life, and that means inspiring others with what you do.”
- JD/MBA Program Fits Her Career Goals "Erin Milos grew up on a farm in Dufur, Oregon. Though she was surrounded by agricultural crops of wheat and fruit, early on she had an interest in becoming a lawyer."
- Loving a Job and Leaving It "Heather Parker, a first-year law student at Willamette University, decided she needed to go to law school last year during her daily commute. She was holding down two part-time jobs — one where she witnessed the power of government and one where she taught those without it — when she realized she needed to take a different path."
- “To Me, That’s Unforgivable” "Third-year law student Allison Wils watched friends and family members guide their loved ones on a maddening journey through America’s health care system. She wants to change that."
- At the Intersection of Church and State "Professor Steve Green anticipates years of debate over business, religion and the First Amendment."
- Tools of the Trade "Professor Rick Martson begins teaching about depositions by unpacking a bag of tools: a vacuum cleaner, a scalpel and a “thumper”— a massive wooden sledgehammer."
- On My Mind... “Assistant Professor Jeff Dobbins reflects on the link between life and the law.”