International Applicants

CAS Electronic Application

The Law School Admission Council (LSAC), maintains an approved electronic-format application to Willamette's College of Law. The following link will take you directly to LSAC Willamette University College of Law Application. Your application fee is waived when you apply online. 

Postal Mail

Apply by submitting a paper application. There is a $50 application fee for paper applications.  The application can be downloaded in PDF format (below).

International students are welcome to apply for admission to the J.D. program at Willamette University.

Foreign nationals must meet the following additional requirements:

  1. All international applicants must take the Law School Admission Test (LSAT). To find the nearest test site, contact the LSAC at, or 215-968-1001.
  2. An international applicant must hold a degree that is equivalent to the American undergraduate bachelor’s degree. International applicants should contact the LSAC for additional information regarding degree evaluation services.
  3. An international applicant whose native language is not English must either take the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) or the International English Language Testing System (IELTS) exam. For the TOEFL, a minimum score of 575 (paper based) or 90 (Internet based) is required. For the IELTS, a minimum score of 6.5 is required. Official test results of the TOEFL or the IELTS should be sent directly to the LSAC CAS.
  4. Applicants must be able to show they have sufficient resources to fund educational and living expenses for the three-year J.D. program and provide the following:

    • A completed Statement of Financial Responsibility form, which can be found at
    • Official bank verification of funds (written in English), showing that you and/or your sponsor have sufficient resources to cover your educational and living expenses for the three-year J.D. program. Applicants who submit bank documents showing only one year of funding must attest that adequate funding is available from the same or an equally dependable source for the second and third years of the program.
    • A photocopy of the name/photo page of your passport showing your image and the correct spelling of your name.

All appropriate documentation must be sent by admitted students and received and approved by the College of Law before the school will send them an I-20 (Application for Student Visa).

"Study in the States" video for International Students

"Student to Student: Studying in the States" is a 5 minute video created by the U.S. Office of Homeland Security to help international students understand what to expect once they arrive for their studies in the U.S.

Deposit and Tuition Payment

As an option for paying your deposit and/or tuition, we recommend you use peerTransfer.  Visit to learn more about peerTransfer and the service it offers.