Yvonne A. Tamayo
- Juris Doctor Degree, Loyola School of Law, New Orleans, Louisiana, 1987
- Certificate in French Language Studies, University de Paris de la Sorbonne, Paris, France, 1978
- Bachelor of Science, Louisiana State University, Baton Rouge, Louisiana, 1977
- Professor: Civil Procedure, Property, Torts, Mass Torts, Professional Responsibility, Comparative Legal Ethics, Deposition Skills, Federal Courts, Willamette University College of Law, Salem, Oregon (July 1998 to present)
- General Counsel: Willamette University (2010-present)
- Associate Professor: Civil Procedure, Federal Courts, University of Orlando School of Law, Orlando, Florida (July 1996 to July 1998)
- Legal Practice Skills Instructor: Legal writing and oral advocacy, Suffolk University Law School, Boston, Massachusetts (August 1993 to July 1996)
- Adjunct Professor: Church and State, Suffolk University Law School, Boston, Massachusetts (Spring 1995)
- Associate: J. Patrick Fitzgerald, P.A. and Fitzgerald, Portela & Portuondo, Miami and Palm Beach, Florida (April 1988 to August 1993)
- Adjunct Professor: Advanced legal writing, analysis and research, St. Thomas University School of Law, Miami, Florida (August 1991 to August 1993)
- Summer Associate: Adams & Reese, New Orleans, Louisiana (May 1987 to August 1987)
- Rhymes With Rich: Power, Law, and the Bitch, 21 St. Thomas Law Review 281 (Winter 2009).
- “I Just Can’t Handle It”: The Case of Hernandez v. Robles, 28 Women’s Rights Law Reporter 61 (Spring/Summer 2007).
- Sometimes the Postman Doesn’t Ring at All: Serving Process by Mail to a Post Office Box Abroad, 14 Willamette J. Int’l Law & Disp. Resol. 1 (Fall 2005).
- Building Ethical Lawyers, Willamette Lawyer (Spring 2004).
- Catch Me if You Can: Serving United States Process on an Elusive Defendant Abroad, 17 Harv. J. L. & Tech. 1 (Fall 2003).
- Patently Absurd: Expanded State Immunity in the Global Knowledge Market, 6 Va. J. L. & Tech. 1, www.vjolt.net/vol6/issue1 (Spring 2001).
- Are You Being Served?: E-Mail and (Due) Service of Process, 51 S.C. L. Rev. 2 (Winter 2000).
- Defining the Practice of Law in the 21st Century, The Professional Lawyer (2000 Symposium Issue)
- Literal Silencing/Silenciando La Lengua, 53 U. Miami L. Rev. 5 (July 1999).
- Who? What? When? Where?: Personal Jurisdiction and the World Wide Web, 4 Richmond J. L. & Tech. 3, www.richmond.edu/~jolt (Spring 1998).
- Official Language Legislation: Literal Silencing/Silenciando la Lengua, 13 Harv. BlackLetter J. 107 (1997).
- Sex, Sectarians and Secularists: Condoms and the Interests of Children, 29 Ind. L. Rev. 3 (1996).
- Sexuality, Morality and the Law: The Custody Battle of a Non-Traditional Mother, 45 Syracuse L. Rev. 2 (1994).
Essays and Book Reviews
- Essay, Cubans Without Borders: Finding Home , 55 U. Fla. L. Rev.1 (January 2003).
- Essay, Doing Good While Doing Well in the Twenty-First Century: One Cuban's Perspective, 70 Fordham L. Rev. 1913 (April 2002).
- Book Review, Douglas Branson, Forensic Social Work: Legal Aspects of Professional Practice, 6 Bimonthly Review of Law Books 1 (1995).
- Book Review, Gerald Lopez, Rebellious Lawyering: One Chicano's Version of Progressive Law Practice, 5 Bimonthly Review of Law Books 3 (2004).
Professional Activities, Memberships and Awards
- Appointed Member, Oregon State Bar Legal Ethics Committee, 2005-present
- Appointed Member, ABA Center for Professional Responsibility Standing Committee on Professionalism, 2004-2007
- Appointed Member, ABA Standing Committee on Professionalism, 2004-2008
- Paper Presentation, Section on Professional Responsibility, AALS Mid-Year Meeting, June 2004
- Re-Elected to Executive Committee, AALS Section on Professional Responsibility, 2003-2004
- Panel Moderator, "Ethics of Decisional Independence and Accountability," Oregon Association of Administrative Law Judges Conference, November 2002
- Panel Moderator, "Disgorgement of Fees", ABA National Conference on Professional Responsibility, Vancouver, B.C., May 2002
- Colloquium Participant, "What Does It Mean to Practice Law 'In the Interests of Justice' in the Twenty-First Century?," Louis Stein Center Legal Profession Colloquium, Fordham University School of Law, November 2001
- Panelist, "Cubans Without Borders," LatCrit VI Symposium, University of Florida Levin College of Law, April 2001
- Executive Committee, AALS Section on Professional Responsibility, 2001-2004
- Moderator, "Can a Good Lawyer be a Good Person?: Can a Good Person be a Good Lawyer?," Second Annual Seminar on the Health and Future of the Profession, Willamette University College of Law, August 2000
- Moderator, "Unauthorized Practice of Law: What Does it Mean in the 21 st Century?," ABA National Conference on Professional Responsibility, June 2000
- Panelist, "First Annual Seminar on the Health and Future of the Profession," Willamette University College of Law CLE, August 1999
- Paper Presentation, "Silence, Secrets, and the Law," AALS Annual Meeting, Law and Humanities Section, 1998
- Paper Presentation, "New Approaches to Comparative and Foreign Law," Conference, University of Utah College of Law, October 1996
- Paper Presentation, "Becoming Whole: Serving Our Communities Through Teaching, Scholarship and Activism," Southwest/Southeast Law Professors of Color Scholarship Conference, Southern Methodist University Law School, May 1996
- Panelist, "Delivering Justice in Administrative Decisionmaking in Oregon," Oregon Association of Administrative Law Judges, Willamette University College of Law, October 30, 2004
- Faculty Advisor, Willamette College of Law Women's Law Caucus
- Group Leader, Willamette Law School Preview Day, April 2003
- Instructor, Early Bar Preparation Program, March 2003
- Lecturer, "U.S., Cuba, and the Helms-Burton Act," at Willamette University College of Law CLE, Havana, Cuba, March 2001
- Moderator, "Ethics Practice Issues for the 21st Century," at Oregon State Bar CLE, October 2000
- Panelist, "Ethics, Professionalism and Integrity," at Willamette University College of Law CLE, March 1999
- Appointed Member, Public Interest Law Project, Willamette University College of Law, 1999
- Lecturer, "Jurisdiction and Cyberspace," at Willamette University College of Law CLE, October 1998
- Volunteer, Salem Friends of Felines
- State of Oregon, 2003
- State of Florida, 1988
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of Florida, 1989
- District of Columbia, 1994
- Hispanic National Bar Association
- Florida Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- Spanish (fluent)