Writing Manuals / Brief Writing / Legislation / Opinion Letters
1. Bahrych, Lynn & Rombauer, Marjorie Dick. Legal Writing in a Nutshell. 4th ed. West Group, 2009 LAW Ref. KF250.B34.
2. Block, Gertrude. Effective Legal Writing: For Law Students and Lawyers. 5th ed. West Group, 1999. KF250.B56.
3. Board of Student Advisers, Harvard Law School. Introduction to Advocacy. 7th ed. West Group, 2002. LAW Reserve KF281.A2I57.
4. Cooper, Frank E. Writing in Law Practice. 2nd ed. Indianapolis, Bobbs-Merrill, 1963. Part 1 is devoted to each of the principal documents which a lawyer is called upon to prepare. Part 2 is comprised of case records. KF250.C6. Out of print.
5. Dickerson, Reed. Fundamentals of Legal Drafting. Boston, Little Brown, 1986. KF250.D5. Out of print.
6. Gopen, George D. Writing From a Legal Perspective. St. Paul, West, 1981. KF250.G66. Out of print.
7. Martineau, Robert. Drafting Legislation and Rules in Plain English. West Group, 1991. KF4950.M37. Out of print.
8. Oates, Laurel; Enquist, Anne and Kunsch, Kelly. The Legal Writing Handbook: Research, Analysis and Writing. 4th ed. Aspen., 2006. Very comprehensive with examples. LAW Reserve. KF250.018.
9. Re, Edward D. Brief Writing and Oral Argument. 9th Ed. Dobbs Ferry, N.Y., Oceana, 2005. KF251.R4.
10. Shapo, Helene S.; Walter, Marilyn and Fajans, Elizabeth. Writing and Analysis in the Law. Rev. 5th ed. West Group, 2008. LAW Reserve KF250.S5.
11. Stark, Jack. The Art of the Statute. Fred B. Rothman Co (now W.S. Hein), 1996. KF4950.S73.
12. Sterba, John. Drafting Legal Opinion Letters. 2 vols. 2nd ed. Aspen, 1992. A later edition has been published. KF250.D73.
13. Weihofen, Henry. Legal Writing Style. 2nd ed. St. Paul, West, 1980. KF250.W4.
14. Weisberg, Richard H. When Lawyers Write. Boston, Little Brown, 1987. "Lessons or rules that might otherwise seem abstract appear here in the concrete atmosphere of daily practice...." KF250.W43. Out of print.
15. Wydick, Richard C. Plain English for Lawyers. 5th ed. Durham, NC, 2005. LAW Reserve KF250.W9.