WUCL Graduates Class of 2006
Willamette University College of Law graduated 139 students in the school' s 120th commencement and hooding ceremony on Sunday, May 14, 2006. Willamette University President M. Lee Pelton led the conferring of degrees, while College of Law Dean Symeon C. Symeonides presented two Master of Laws degrees and 137 Doctor of Jurisprudence degrees.
Norma Paulus LLB' 62 introduced the commencement speaker, Justice Wallace P. Carson Jr., of the Oregon Supreme Court. A 1962 graduate of the College of Law, Carson joined the Court in 1982 and served as chief justice for 14 years — longer than any previous chief justice in Oregon history. He stepped down as head of the Court last December, but will remain on the bench until 2007.
Matthew T. Racine graduated summa cum laude; Shane M. Biornstad and Haley B. Bjerk graduated magna cum laude.
- Professor Robin Morris Collin to Receive Honor from Oregon House
- Integrity, Civility, Access To Justice Are Keys To A Successful Legal Career, De Muniz Says
- College of Law to graduate 129 students
- Oregon Appeals Court Publishes First Opinion Assisted by Willamette Law Student
- Symeon Symeonides Honored For Scholarship