SBA Selects Professor and Staff Member of the Year
The Student Bar Association (SBA) recently collected write-in ballots from the law school student body to determine which faculty and staff members were most popular among Willamette’s law students. When the more than 200 ballots were tallied, Leroy J. Tornquist and Galin Brown were the clear winners. Both awards were presented at the SBA's annual Barristers' Ball, held March 10, 2007, at the Red Lion Hotel in Salem.
Leroy J. Tornquist, who was named 2006-07 Professor of the Year, served as dean of the law school from 1978 to 1987. He now teaches Civil Procedure, Evidence, Negotiation and Trial Advocacy.
Galin Brown was named 2006-07 Staff Member of the Year. She serves as circulation manager of the J.W. Long Law Library.
The faculty, staff and administrators of the College of Law congratulate Tornquist and Brown on their awards.
- Professor Robin Morris Collin to Receive Honor from Oregon House
- Integrity, Civility, Access To Justice Are Keys To A Successful Legal Career, De Muniz Says
- College of Law to graduate 129 students
- Oregon Appeals Court Publishes First Opinion Assisted by Willamette Law Student
- Symeon Symeonides Honored For Scholarship