Law Faculty a Valuable Resource for Media
Although school is out for the summer, the College of Law faculty has continued to serve as an important resource for local and national media outlets, which have come to rely on the College of Law’s wealth of expertise. From May to July, the law faculty was quoted in the news more than a dozen times.
- Steven K. Green was quoted in a number of newspapers and magazine this summer, including coverage of a faith-healing trial held in Portland and an article on church-state issues in Harper’s Magazine.
- Jeffrey Standen was interviewed about sports law issues by The New York Times in mid-May. He also appeared on the Sirius Radio news program UnderScore Sports.
- Susan L. Smith appeared on OPB Radio in June to discuss a potential recall against Portland Mayor Sam Adams.
- Warren H. Binford wrote an opinion piece for the Statesman Journal on the constitutional rights of teens in May.
- Jeffrey C. Dobbins was interviewed about the Sonia Sotomayor confirmation hearings on KPOJ AM 620, a progressive talk radio station in Portland.
- Norman R. Williams appeared on KGW TV News Channel 8 in Portland to discuss Oregon House Bill 2556, which limits the federal government’s control over the National Guard.
- Professor Richard Birke discussed the value of negotiation in commerce in the business section of The Oregonian in July.