Symeonides Releases New American Private International Law Text
When a prestigious foreign publisher needed an authoritative text on American conflicts law, or private international law, for foreign scholars, the publisher turned to Dean Symeon C. Symeonides. He obliged by writing his 20th book, American Private International Law (Kluwer Law International, 2008).
As the book jacket states, “having studied and taught law in both Europe and the United States, [Symeonides] is uniquely qualified to identify and explain in language understandable to readers outside the United States the American peculiarities of the subject. His three decades of experience in writing on thousands of American judicial decisions is particularly valuable in understanding and presenting the practical essentials of the subject to practitioners and academics alike.” The result is an “authoritative and complete yet compact presentation” of private international law in the United States.
Symeonides currently is working on the third edition of his casebook and the fifth edition of a treatise on conflict of laws.
Symeon C. Symeonides
- Professor Robin Morris Collin to Receive Honor from Oregon House
- Integrity, Civility, Access To Justice Are Keys To A Successful Legal Career, De Muniz Says
- College of Law to graduate 129 students
- Oregon Appeals Court Publishes First Opinion Assisted by Willamette Law Student
- Symeon Symeonides Honored For Scholarship