Professor Gwynne Skinner Retained as Expert to the International Corporate Accountability Roundtable
Professor Gwynne Skinner, director of Willamette’s International Human Rights Clinic and an expert on access to remedies for human rights violations was asked to be an expert for an organization that promotes corporate accountability for human rights abuses around the globe.
Members of the International Corporate Accountability Roundtable (ICAR) include Amnesty International, Human Rights Watch and EarthRights International. The group highlights cases where redress for human rights violations is restricted and issues reports on how nations are using their regulatory authority to mandate due diligence for human rights in areas such as environmental protection and workplace health and safety.
Professor Skinner has litigated cases involving corporate complicity for human rights and has written academic articles on the topic. As an expert for ICAR, Skinner will contribute to a forthcoming report on barriers to people seeking remedies after being harmed by corporate complicity in human rights violations. She also will recommend ways to ensure victims have access to remedies for such abuses.
- Professor Robin Morris Collin to Receive Honor from Oregon House
- Integrity, Civility, Access To Justice Are Keys To A Successful Legal Career, De Muniz Says
- College of Law to graduate 129 students
- Oregon Appeals Court Publishes First Opinion Assisted by Willamette Law Student
- Symeon Symeonides Honored For Scholarship