CS141: Topics for Week 1: Aug 26 & 28, 2015
Lab Programming Assignments
- Lab assignments for current week will be listed here and in the Schedule.
- For this week, you are to do Lab 1: Getting Started.
This lab will not be collected
lab but you need to know everything in it in order to do all subsequent labs.
In general, everything you do in each lab will be built-on in subsequent labs, so don't fall behind!
How to Succeed in this Course
- We will have a reading quiz approximately weekly. These will be posted on WISE under
the section "Tests & Quizzes".
- The questions will multiple choice or true/false
based on the current chapter.
- There will also be occassional in-class written quizzes
usually on syntax. These may or may not be announced. There are no make-up in-class quizzes
but the lowest score will be dropped.
- key words
- programmer defined names
- Java compiler
- byte code
- source file
- Java Virtual Machine
- IDE - Integrated Development Enviroment (e.g Netbeans)
Source code -> COMPILER -> Byte code -> JAVA VIRTUAL MACHINE -> code execution.