No Technews this week! Instead, we will review for the
exam. See review list.
Chapter 7: Objects and Classes
- Review: What is a class. What is an object?
- Syntax for writing a class and creating an object. Try Class & Object Practice exercises in-class.
- What does "static" mean?
- Class (static) vs Instance variables and methods.
- Calling class vs instance methods. Accessing class vs instance variables.
- The main method is always static - think of it as standing outside of any class.
Example of reading from a file: Look at the program that read Five-letter Words.