Math 140 - Modeling with Calculus - Spring 2013
Installing R Studio on your own computer
R Studio is installed on all the lab computers in Ford (Room 202 and
224), and is or will soon be installed in the Collins 3rd floor lab,
the Walton lab, and others. If getting R on your computer is
giving you trouble,
R and R Studio is a two-part free software package. You need both
parts to "make it go." To get it on your own computer:
- first do your homework in one of the labs, then if you want to get R on your own computer,
- talk to the WITS helpdesk for help installing R. Show them this page when you go.
It's probably a good idea to run the engine installer first, then the interface installer.
- Go to http://ftp.osuosl.org/pub/cran/ to download the first file, the R computational engine.
- What sort of computer do you have? (Windows? Macintosh?). Choose the version that fits your computer.
<>Here's a direct link to download the engine: Windows XP/Vista/7 Mac OS X 10.6 (64-bit) Links updated Friday, Aug. 30
- Go to www.rstudio.org/download/desktop to get the second file, the R Studio interface.
Last Modified Aug. 30, 2013.
Janeba's Home Page | Send comments or questions to: mjanebawillamette.edu
of Mathematics | Willamette
University Home Page