Procedure for prototype printing:
- Fill out a Work Order Form.
- Once submitted, the form is forwarded to the sponsoring
faculty member (sponsor) for
- The sponsor, based on the request, approves a
number of model printings.
- An e-mail is sent to both the lab manager and the student
that the form has been approved.
- The lab manager will create a Tryst project folder
for the student project
- The team uploads the design file to the project
folder. The file should be STL (for completely white objects)
color) formats. The student team is responsible for the printability of
design. Some best practices to ensure printability are
described on the "Model Preparation" page.
- A check is done by the lab to ensure the design
can be printed.
- If changes are needed in the design an email requesting
those changes is sent to the team.
- The team may retry step 6 once the necessary changes are
- The design is printed and the team is
notified to collect it from the lab.
- If the team wants to request more printings, it
has to be authorized by the faculty sponsor with a Work Order Form.