J131 Review Materials for Final Exam
Part I focusing on Ch. 6:
Short Oral response (10)
What did you do?
How was it?
What time did you get up?
Did you eat breakfast?
When will you go home?
What will you do over Christmas break
g. How was this semester? （このセメスターは どう でしたか。）
Verbs (8) from English to – ます form and then to -て下さい form
Adjectives (10) from English into 2 forms: くて form and Past Affirmative (Adj-かった form)
Verbs in Purpose of Motion form (V-stem + に)—5 short sentences English to Japanese
Japanese to English sentences (10)
English to Japanese Sentences (10)
Part II Comprehensive Review L 1-5
Questions in Japanese for you to respond to (17)
Sentences from English to Japanese (20)
Time Expressions/Time Words short sentences (8)
Katakana to write (10)
VERBS you should know:
Practice also V-stem + ni + motion verb:
tabe ni ikimasu たべに いきます
kiki ni ikimasu ききに いきます
ai ni kimasu あいに きます
sensei to hanashi ni kaerimasu 先生と はなしに かえります
Adjectives you should know:
くて Form Past (かった) From
fast, quick, early
Some Sentence structures we are likely to see:
of building is Eaton Hall?
there is a new bank.
(thing) is a small university
What is on
top of the television?
photograph and a magazine.
(thing) is a spacious classroom.
I went to
the convenience store in order to read a magazine.
pretty and (I) was happy!
9. Please write me an email.
10. Won’t you take a walk with me?
11. I went to meet with Sensei and then I returned to my room
book bag（かばん）is Lee-san’s.
house is not very old.
ballpoint pen is that?
Is there a
convenience store around here?
The bank is
behind the post-office.
To the left
of the door, there is a bed.
Japanese test was easy and fun.
12. Tonight there will be a Japanese movie at the library.
13. That book is
new and very interesting.
14. Do you often
study at the Bistro?
15. No, I never
study there. But I sometimes study
at the Student Union.
16. That movie was boring and not very good.
On Sundays, I sometimes watch TV.
Do you take a bath every night?
19. No, but I take a shower every morning, you know.
21. That bank was not very
22. Is there a bank on the campus?
23. Yes, it is in the student union.
24. Behind the sofa there is small bookcase.
25. Outside the window there is a large dog.
That cake is small and expensive.
27. The party
was lively and fun.
28. That new
building is the station.
29. Won’t you
study with me tomorrow?
30. I will go to the library in order to read
31. Please come
32. I went to meet a friend at the café and
I drank some coffee.